Anagram Poems - Poems For Anagram - - Poem by | Poem Hunter
Poems about anagram. You can read the best anagram poems. Browse through all anagram poems.
Elegy Ii: The Anagram - Poem by John Donne
Marry, and love thy Flavia, for she
Hath all things whereby others beautious be,
For, though her eyes be small, her mouth is great,
Though they be ivory, yet her teeth be jet,
Though they be dim, yet she is light enough,
And though her harsh hair fall, her skin is rough;
What though her cheeks be yellow, her hair's red;
Give her thine, and she hath a maidenhead.
These things are beauty's elements, where these
Meet in one, that one must, as perfect, please.
If red and white and each good quality
Be in thy wench, ne'er ask where it doth lie.
In buying things perfumed, we ask if there
Be musk and amber in it, but not where.
Though all her parts be not in th' usual place,
She hath yet an anagram of a good face.
If we might put the letters but one way,
In the lean dearth of words, what could we say?
When by the Gamut some Musicians make
A perfect song, others will undertake,
By the same Gamut changed, to equal it.
Things simply good can never be unfit.
She's fair as any, if all be like her,
And if none be, then she is singular.
All love is wonder; if we justly do
Account her wonderful, why not lovely too?
Love built on beauty, soon as beauty, dies;
Choose this face, changed by no deformities.
Women are all like angels; the fair be
Like those which fell to worse; but such as thee,
Like to good angels, nothing can impair:
'Tis less grief to be foul than t' have been fair.
For one night's revels, silk and gold we choose,
But, in long journeys, cloth and leather use.
Beauty is barren oft; best husbands say,
There is best land where there is foulest way.
Oh what a sovereign plaster will she be,
If thy past sins have taught thee jealousy!
Here needs no spies, nor eunuchs; her commit
Safe to thy foes; yea, to a Marmosit.
When Belgia's cities the round countries drown,
That dirty foulness guards, and arms the town:
So doth her face guard her; and so, for thee,
Which, forced by business, absent oft must be,
She, whose face, like clouds, turns the day to night;
Who, mightier than the sea, makes Moors seem white;
Who, though seven years she in the stews had laid,
A Nunnery durst receive, and think a maid;
And though in childbed's labour she did lie,
Midwives would swear 'twere but a tympany;
Whom, if she accuse herself, I credit less
Than witches, which impossibles confess;
Whom dildoes, bedstaves, and her velvet glass
Would be as loath to touch as Joseph was:
One like none, and liked of none, fittest were,
For, things in fashion every man will wear.
Comments about Elegy Ii: The Anagram by John Donne
Poems About Anagram
- 1. Elegy Ii: The Anagram , John Donne
- 2. ' ' ' ' ' Lost For Words...An Anagram Co.. , Dónall Dempsey
- 3. * A Real Match - My Favourite Anagram , Esra Sloblock
- 4. Anagram , Edward Kofi Louis
- 5. Spots Of Fire Dragons - Anagram , Muzahidul Reza
- 6. Serve Verse - Anagram Acrostic - Bud Fre.. , Jonathan ROBIN
- 7. Anagram 4 U , Sonny Rainshine
- 8. A Pulse In The Eternal Mind-Anagram Poem , Marieta Maglas
- 9. Of Blue And White Cords-Anagram Poem , Marieta Maglas
- 10. A Gaoler Instead Of A Gaol Bird-Anagram .. , Marieta Maglas
- 11. One Huge Enough Acrostic Anagram Senryu .. , Jonathan ROBIN
- 12. Musical Anagram Riddle Current Version , Jonathan ROBIN
- 13. Pastel De Nata (S) - Anagram , Muzahidul Reza
- 14. Post Tops Stop Spot - Anagram Verse , Jonathan ROBIN
- 15. Bud Free - Anagram Acrostic , Jonathan ROBIN
- 16. No Anagram Again , SRIRANJI ARATISANKAR
- 17. Ww2 Anagram , Jole Hans
- 18. Anagram , Jeremy Horsford
- 19. Anagram , Anonymous British
- 20. Anagram , Sasheen Fernandez
- 21. A Rag Man (Anagram) , E55 Flat
- 22. Anagram , Adeyemi Joshua
New Anagram Poems
- A Tale Of The Highway Robber, Rajiv Tripathi
- The Scrambled Anna Graham, Matt Decker
- June 2018 Showcase…[ For, And Usually By.., Bri Edwards
- LOVE IS THE ANSWER - RANCID WOVEN SEAL, Ann Cotten
- Spots Of Fire Dragons - Anagram, Muzahidul Reza
- Pastel De Nata (S) - Anagram, Muzahidul Reza
- Ode on Satan's Power, Barbara Hamby
- Limerick Crochetés: Once Cheerful Alzhei.., T. (no first name) Wignesan
- Solitaire, Sam Riviere
- 'Cat-Awake', Edward Kofi Louis
- carpe diem